Why Dental Cap?
Dental Caps are often quoted by clients but the correct word is Dental Crown. The word cap and crown are used interchangeably by most people. A Dental Cap or Dental Crown is used to replace tooth structure which has been heavily restored or is broken right down. Effectively a crown or cap is a thimble shaped tooth which covers the remaining tooth structure left strengthening it and giving it a better aesthetic form.
What is a Dental Cap?
When a tooth is heavily broken down, stress fractured, root filled then it will need a crown placed on it. Crowns are designed to give a full coverage to the tooth very much like a thimble covers your finger.
There are many type of Dental Caps / Dental Crowns
- Metal Bonded to Porcelain caps
- Metal Caps
- Ceramic Caps...these come in many different forms
- Gold Caps
How Dental Caps work...
We work with you to make the right choices for your Dental Cap. Making sure that we choose the right Dental Cap for you so that it will last long term and ensure our dental problems are minimized over time. The first step is to contact us for a no obligation chat. We'll run through your Dental Cap Requirements with you. From there we will
- Arrange the appointment with the dentist to discuss caps with you.
- Provide you with and estimate of costs for your dental cap / Dental Crown
- Outline the appointments for your Dental Cap / Dental Crown
- Carry out treatment for your Dental Cap / Dental Crown
- Arrange a follow up appointment with our hygienist to teach you how to look after your Dental Cap/ Dental Crown long term
Why Us? / What you can expect
When you're looking for Dental Cap / Dental Crow , we've got the long term experience to give you the advise on what will work for you long term. We have seen the evolution of crowns over time and seen good and poor designs come to the market place. With our experience we will be able to give you sound advice on what we know works well to deliver you the long term Dental Cap / Dental Crown that will work in your particular situation
Need Dental Caps Talk to us!
If you're interested in Dental Caps, we'd love to hear from you. For a no obligation chat, simply give us a call on 801-6228 ( Wgtn) / 570-0520 ( Lower Hutt) or fill out the form below and we'll be in touch fast.