Why Root Canals?
Root canals are carried out when the nerve of the tooth is compromised and is in the process of dying off. The canals in the root of the tooth supply nutrition and when they are unable to they degenerate and lead to infections and bone loss. Root canals in teeth may be carried out for the following reasons
- Decay causing infection in the nerve
- Trauma to the tooth
- Elective process
- Narrowing of the nerve canals causing nerve death
What is a Root Canal?
Every tooth has a main nerve chamber in the top one third of the tooth and off that run canals which go down the root and allow the blood and nerve supply to come up through them to the main nerve chamber. The nerves register hot, cold and other sensory sensations. When the nerve dies the chamber and the root canals have to be sealed other wise they remain the source of infection. Any where in the body where the blood supply can not get to will result in cell death. Hence in root canal work the root canals are cleaned out and sterilized and then they are sealed form the mouth and the jaw bone so no bacteria can get into them and cause constant chronic infections.
The number of canals increase from the front teeth to the back teeth as do the number of roots and this is why root canal work is more expensive on the back molar teeth than it is on the front teeth
How Root Canals work
We work with you to make the root canal process easy and comfortable for you as we are aware of lot of people state how bad their root canal experience have been. The first step is to contact us for an obligation fee chat. We'll run through your Root Canal requirements with you. From there
- Arrange a consultation with one of our dentists
- Explain and discuss the different options that you have and the long term issues with root canal work..for example in most cases you will eventually need a crown on the tooth as well so you are given the whole story on root canal costs before you decide to commence
- Give you an estimate of the costs for your root canal
- Refer you to a specialist if that is your best interest for root canal work
- Arrange your root canal appointment times....often there are several appointments involved in root canal work to ensure that the process is thorough
- Arrange follow up appointments either 6 -12 months later to ensure your root canal work is successful long term
Why Us? / What you can expect
When you're looking for Root canal work, we've got the lots of different systems and process's that we have mastered over the years to ensure that we deliver you to you a predictable outcome that will last for a long period of time. Our discussion with you about your root canal work will be totally inclusive of the long term expectations.
Need Root Canal Work Talk to us!
If you're interested in or require Root Canal work , we'd love to hear from you. For an obligation free chat, simply give us a call on 801-6228 ( Wgtn) / 570-0520 ( Lower Hutt) or fill out the form below and we'll be in touch fast.