Why a Crown?
When a tooth is heavily broken down, stress fractured, root filled then it will need a crown placed on it. Crowns are designed to give a full coverage to the tooth very much like a thimble covers your finger. The function of the crown is to place an even load over and down the tooth. Teeth naturally do flex and this causes them to stress fracture. If the fracture is not controlled then the tooth may break below the gum level and have to be extracted or root filled. We crown teeth to try to prevent this from happening and to balance out the load over the teeth.
Crowns can also be placed selectively for cosmetic reasons but you do have to think very carefully about this, because once teeth are cut you can never go back
What is a Crown and why a Crown?
When a tooth is heavily broken down, stress fractured, root filled then it will need a crown placed on it. Crowns are designed to give a full coverage to the tooth very much like a thimble covers your finger
1. Do you have heavily filled teeth
2. Do your teeth continually break and need fixing?
3. Have you had mutiple root canals?
Reason for fixing teeth with crowns is to strengthen the teeth and prevent further damage
1. Can be done in two visits
2. Prevents continual stress on the nerve and so minimizes root canal problems
3. Gives you good aesthetics or firm posterior support so stops you continually breaking teeth
How Crowns work...
We work with you to make Crowning your teeth a stress free and satisfying procedure. The first step is to contact us for a no obligation chat. We'll run through your Dental Crown requirements with you. From there
- Book and appointment with the dentist for an assessment
- Discuss with you what your concerns and end outcome you wish to achieve
- Recommend what will give you the best outcome
- Give you a cost estimate
- Arrange times for treatment that are suitable for you
- Arrange to have the crowns fitted
- Arrange a free appointment with our hygienist to show you have to maintain your crown work at home
Why Us? / What you can expect
When you're looking for Crowning teeth we've got over 28 years of experience in the industry so we are very aware of the types of crowns and what will work best for you as we have seen the long term results of our work. We will ensure what we give you the best current advice that is possible and the curent state of he art of crown work
Need Dental Crowns Talk to us!
If you're interested in Dental Crowns, we'd love to hear from you. For a no obligation chat, simply give us a call on 801-6228 ( Wgtn) / 570-0520 ( Lower Hutt) or fill out the form below and we'll be in touch fast.